It’s time to get your marketing mix on!
Do you have what it takes to promote your organization? If so, then plan to enter the 2018 TIAK Marketing Award contest!
Our goal is to recognize the outstanding marketing efforts of tourism throughout Kansas. This program is limited to TIAK members only. To enter your marketing campaign, join TIAK today!
New for 2018: Marketing Awards have been updated to accommodate varying community sizes. Also, Coalitions may enter but the Coalition must be a member of TIAK. This year, each entry will be broken out according to the overall organization budget with one winner per overall budget category:
- Large Community overall budget (over $500,000)
- Medium Community overall budget ($100,001 – $499,999)
- Small Community overall budget ($100,000 and under)
The Marketing Awards are focused on overall marketing initiatives and judged on outstanding and innovative efforts. There are no entry fees. Only one submission eligible for entry in each category – no duplicates, please.
Note that all awards are given at the discretion of the judges and judging feedback will be highly encouraged.
August 17, 2018
One winner from each overall budget category will be announced for each award category below at the KS Tourism Conference: October 24, 2018
Marketing Award categories include:
- Visitors Guide: In-House Design & Outsourced Design (must be submitted both electronically and in hard-copy to the TIAK office by August 17, 2018)
- Online Marketing: Digital advertising, social media, e-mail marketing, website
- Print Marketing: newspaper ads, magazine ads, brochures, direct mail, inserts, anything print
- Integrated Campaign: integrates multiple sources and marketing components
- Destination (Community) Awareness: community events, community promotions, etc.
- People’s Choice: This category is open only to applicants who set up displays at the Conference and will be judged only by those attending the Conference.
New this year: Best Overall Award. This award will be chosen by the judges from the winners of all of the categories (except People’s Choice).
Best of all, there are NO entry fees! The costs will be covered by our sponsor.