TIAK is committed to keeping our members connected and assisting with promoting job openings and internships. If you are a member and would like to post, please contact the TIAK office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with your posting.
Sales Manager (Higher Education)
The Sales Manager for Higher Education (SMHE) for eXplore Lawrence (EL) will work to identify and attract meeting and conventions from area universities that generate overnight visitors for the greater Lawrence area which meet the overall EL mission of producing hotel room nights and incremental revenue for the area. The SMHE will focus on raising the profile of Lawrence as a Higher Education meeting and convention destination by aggressively marketing Lawrence’s existing resources and targeting events that will generate a positive economic impact for the community.
Competitive salary and compensation package including full benefits. Email resume to Michael Davidson, Executive Director, eXplore Lawrence at email@example.com.
- Work with local universities to learn and identify potential use, parameters for booking (schedules, rates, etc.) and procedures.
- Connect with key universities decision makers to identify challenges and opportunities for meeting and conventions.
- Serve as a direct link between event organizers and facility managers, hotels, and city services.
- Identify and create resources within EL to position Lawrence as a destination for higher education meetings and conventions (web site, print, etc.)
- Research and maintain a list of possible higher education meetings and conventions that can be hosted in the greater Lawrence area.
- Research, prepare and present bids.
- Organize and participate in event planner site visits and familiarization tours.
- Using the Simpleview CRM system, establish prospective files, document appropriate records in a timely and accurate manner, create/distribute and follow up on leads.
- Represent EL professionally in appropriate local and national organizations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
- Self-driven with ability to work as a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to set and meet goals.
- Excellent and demonstrated oral, written, presentation, communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computers, basic office procedures, social media and development of PowerPoint or similar presentations.
Visit Topeka Sales Manager
The Sales Manager is responsible for promoting and selling Topeka as a preferred destination for conventions, meetings, sporting events, and tourism groups on behalf of Visit Topeka (“VT”).
For a listing of the major duties, qualifications, and to apply for the position, click here.
There are no internships at this time. Check back later!