The primary goal of the TIAK Membership Committee is to grow the organization, in numbers of members, in dues income and in breadth of membership makeup. To accomplish this, the committee works with TIAK staff, board, other committees and current membership to identify and recruit new members, as well as develop messaging, marketing materials and campaigns. Most membership committee work is done through email and conference calls.
Membership Committee Members:
|Connie Hall (chair)|
The Advocacy Committee acts as the legislative arm of TIAK. The major goals of the committee are:
- Develop a legislative agenda
- Build legislative alliances and partnerships
- Organize and host a Day on the Hill event with the purpose of developing relationships and educating legislators and TIAK members
- Interact with the Travel and Tourism office and serve as a liaison to the industry
- Lend guidance and support to the TIAK Political Action Committee (PAC)
- Monitor legislative issues that can impact the tourism industry
- Update the membership on legislative activities during the session
Advocacy Committee Members:
|Roger Hrabe (chair)|
The TIAK Marketing committee is charged with such tasks as marketing strategies for growing TIAK as the “umbrella” organization for the travel industry in Kansas, handling media and press kits for TIAK and assessing co-op marketing opportunities beneficial to TIAK members.
Marketing Committee Members:
|Linda Honeyman (co-chair)|
|Maila Yang (co-chair)|
|Lea Ann Seiler|
The TIAK Education Committee is charged with offering the TIAK membership educational opportunities and resources throughout the year beyond the Annual Tourism Conference. The Committee has four focus areas, including:
- webinars/mini-educational seminars;
- Kansas Destination Specialist certification program, which is the official certification program sponsored by TIAK and earned through education credits;
- speakers bureau, which is a resource for members looking for speakers on specific topics;
- higher education, which connects various hospitality programs at area colleges/universities to the membership for continuing education and/or internships.
Most Education Committee work is done through conference calls and emails.
Education Committee Members:
|Amy Garton (chair)|
|Kerry Green (KDS chair)|